Animators of the Turkic World came together in Turkistan
Within the framework of events to celebrate Turkistan, the Cultural Capital of the Turkic World 2017, the Altyn Saka Animation Film Festival of the Turkic World was organized by the Province of Southern Kazakhstan in cooperation with TURKSOY with a view to strengthening the ties of friendship and brotherhood, foster solidarity and cultural interaction.
The festival held in the Cultural Center on the campus of the Akhmet Yassawi University in Turkistan gathered nearly 20 animators from Turkey, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Bashkortostan, Yakutia and Altai. The jury of the festival was comprised of the Coordinator for Children's programmes of the TRT Channel Bekir Yıldızcı (Turkey), the editor of the “Kazakfilm” Animation Films Company Saltanat Dungenbaeva (Kazakhstan), the Art Director Ibrahimov Kudaybergenovish (Kyrgyzstan) and the Director of the Shymkent SAK Film Studio Nuriddin Pattev (Kazakhstan).
On September 20th, 2017, a press conference on the Altyn Saka Animation Film Festival of the Turkic World was held in the little hall of the Cultural Center of the Akhmet Yassawi University. At the press conference, members of the jury delivered a speech in which they stressed the importance of the fact that the festival took place in the Cultural Capital of the Turkic World 2017. Members of the jury also extended their gratitude to TURKSOY for its valuable support and wished success to the competitors.
Following the press conference, the official opening ceremony of the festival took place in the presence of animators from Turkey, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Bashkortostan, Yakutia and Altai along with jury members, officials of TURKSOY and young spectators.
On September 20th-21st, 2017 animation films were presented to jury members and the audience.
At the closing ceremony of the festival, members of the jury announced their decision. At the end of the closing ceremony, prizes were handed over to their winners.
Upon joint decision of the jury members;
- The Grand Prix went to Abay Abilde (Kazakhstan-Almaty) for the animation film “Those Who Were Made of Fire"
- The First Prize went to Dmitriy Vlasov from the Uzbekfilm Animation Studio (Uzbekistan) for the animation film “Gonçar”
- The Second Prize went to Arif Osmanoglu from Turkey for the animation filkm “Pirates of the Sea”
- The Third Prize went to Kuat Konirkuljaev from Kazakhstan for the animation film “The Praising Girl"
- The Best Screenwriter award went to Sofiya Cmuldin (Kazakhstan-Shymkent) for “Mamut Searching for his Mother"
- The Best Scenario Award went to Sthe Art Director of Kazakfilm AK Selimgali Myrzashev (Kazakhstan) for the animation film “Baykonur”
- The Best TV Scenario Award went to Nurullah Yenihan (Turkey) for his animation film “Nasreddin Khoja”